From the Dean
The global COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on all of our lives. From our students and their commitment to learning, to our faculty who quickly shifted to move hundreds of courses to a virtual instruction, I’ve been uplifted by the resilience of our campus community.
On the front lines, our Business Niner alumni and supporters have been stepping up to solve problems, keep us safe and keep businesses going in this challenging time. This type of dedication is what defines us as 49ers and makes me proud to serve as your new dean.
We’re doing great work and are excited to share with you some recent examples.
Jennifer Troyer, Ph.D.
Dean, Belk College of Business
Supporting Student Success
- New virtual programming and resources for students, alumni and the business community
- Moving hundreds of graduate and undergraduate programs online
- Eliminating barriers and increasing flexibility for enrollment in master’s graduate programs
- $779,747 in scholarships awarded to graduate and undergraduate students
- Alumni in 81 countries and all 50 states
- 33,000+ alumni
- Alumni give back to our students as speakers for the CEO Speaker Series
- Founded: 1970
- Enrollment: 4,616 (graduate and undergraduate)
- Full-time faculty: 107
- Global partnerships with leading schools in 10 countries
Points of Pride
- Belk College faculty published more than 130 peer-reviewed journal articles in top publications
- Strong year for awards and rankings, including U.S. News and AACSB International’s 2020 Innovations That Inspire Challenge
- $28.5 million raised as part of the EXPONENTIAL: The Campaign for UNC Charlotte
- 70% of graduates report completing at least one internship