Fifteen Business Niner alumni recently joined the Belk College Alumni Council, an all-volunteer board that aims to strengthen the relationship between alumni, the business community and the College. The Alumni Council was established in the fall of 2013 to harness the momentum of the rapidly growing Business Niner alumni network.
The Alumni Council advises the College on alumni engagement programs, hosts events to bolster alumni connections, supports business students and represents the College in the community and in their place of work.
The new members began their three-year term on July 1 and will serve on the leadership board through June 30, 2026.
Newly-elected members to serve on the 2023-24 Alumni Council are:
- Austin Blackwell ’19 Finance. Blackwell is a recruiter for Auto-Owners Insurance Company.
- Brandon Bridges ’18 Finance. Bridges is a credit products solar project finance associate for Regions Bank.
- Christy Forbes ’01 Finance, Mathematics. Forbes is an advisor operations manager for TIAA.
- Sterling Gerald ’21 Marketing, Analytics and Intelligence. Gerald is a digital senior marketing specialist for Truist.
- Maxwell Grieshaber ’10 Management. Grieshaber is a store operations manager for Lowe’s Home Improvement.
- Kathryn Howard ’12 Accounting. Howard is a corporate audit manager for Lowe’s Home Improvement.
- Marlecia Kay ’10 Accounting. Kay is an SE financial manager for Atrium Health.
- Benjamin Koenigsberg ’18 Accounting. Koenigsberg is a strategy and transactions senior consultant for EY.
- Ryan Lambert ’01 Finance. Lambert is the chief executive officer of CR Senior Living, LLC.
- Joshua McCray ’16 Management Information Systems, ’20 M.S. in Information Technology. McCray is a cyber security architect for Honeywell.
- Brianna Russo ’17 Management. Russo is an HR business partner for KidzToPros.
- Matthew Scott ’18 Supply Chain Management and Management Information Systems. Scott is a financial advisor for Merrill Lynch.
- Dominique Stevenson ’11 Accounting, ’13 Master of Accountancy. Stevenson is a finance manager for Lowe's Home Improvement.
- Sara Trexler ’01 Marketing, ’08 MBA. Trexler is the chief philanthropy officer of LIFESPAN Services, Inc.
- Scott Williams ’14 Economics.. Williams is a senior crisis management analyst for Visa, Inc.
The Alumni Council membership totals 59 this year and includes representatives from 45 companies. The new members were selected by a nominating committee and approved by the Belk College Alumni Council.