The Business Honors Program
The Business Honors Program is a four-year academic and professional development program for academically ambitious students in the Belk College of Business who want to make the most out of their educational experience. Check out the YouTube video right under to learn more about the program!
Click on a section to learn more:
To learn more about the Business Honors Program curriculum and other co-curricular requirements, please click here.
Click here to discover the opportunities offered to our business honors students.
- Explore the world through study abroad
- Explore Charlotte through community service
- Explore career paths through internships
- Explore connections through professional meetings with industry employers
- Explore leadership through engagement in university organizations
Meet some of our current students.
Members of the Business Honors Program (BHP) participate in stimulating coursework, leadership activities, career-building exercises, and community service endeavors designed to promote marketability after graduation. BHP students typically enroll in one or two Honors courses per semester for the duration of their college career. Classes are kept small to facilitate faculty and student interaction. BHP members also have access to a specialized Academic and Career Coach who ensures correct progression of the degree. Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive Honors commendation at graduation.
The Business Honors Program is committed to the highest principles of professionalism that guide our actions. We aspire to be a community of learners actively engaged in academic scholarship while demonstrating a high regard for others by modeling excellent ethical standards. We seek to promote service above the self and will learn to support and encourage, educate and mentor, value and empathize with others. We advocate these core values among the membership:
- Academic Merit: We are committed to scholastic excellence and the life-long pursuit of new knowledge and personal and professional growth.
- Integrity: Our word is our bond.
- Respect: We respect each other and all with whom we come into contact.
- Service Above Self: We aspire to do the right thing, for the right reason, even if it does not serve our personal interest. We are committed to each other and to those we serve. We work together to achieve our mission and goals.
- Honor: We will act with dignity, civility, and compassion, showing care and concern for our peers, our community, and society, and apply ethical standards in our everyday living.
- Minimum 3.5 collegiate or unweighted high school GPA (required)
- Minimum 1200 SAT score or 25 ACT score (recommended)
Note: Standardized test scores are not reviewed for transfer applicants.
For priority consideration for honors and associated scholarships students MUST:
- Apply to the University by the Early Action deadline, November 1
- Select a major within the Belk College of Business to be considered for the Business Honors Program
- Apply to the Honors College in the Niner Scholars Portal by December 1 (application available in October)
- Submit all application materials by the deadline including an essay, two academic recommendations, and a list of activities
Notifications for those who apply by these deadlines will be early March. Applications received after December 1 will be considered on a space-available basis and receive decisions sometime between March and May.
Learn more about the application process for the Business Honors Program here.
Have specific questions about the Business Honors Program? Want to talk to one of our directors or a current student? Please tell us more about how you'd like to connect with us by filling out an interest form for the Business Honors Program.