The Belk College of Business receives major rankings and top marks from leading publications and sources that recognize our achievements. Top qualities recognized by these rankings include student, and alumni feedback on return on investment, the promise of job security and higher starting salaries after graduation, as well as employer information on programs that best prepare students for success in the workplace.
With over 100 full-time faculty members and more than 36,000 alumni, the Belk College of Business is a vital intellectual resource to the Charlotte business community. Our deep-rooted partnerships with business leaders in the Charlotte area create a dialogue that shapes our industry-relevant curriculum and provides one of the nation's most dynamic business cities with valuable research and employable talent.
- Top 20 public business school in the Southeast — U.S. News & World Report (2022)
- Second largest undergraduate business program in North Carolina
- Top 100 degree producer of African American students: Finance (#4) — Diverse: Issues in Higher Education (2022)
- On-campus MBA named Tier 1 program in "Global MBA" rankings — CEO Magazine (2022)
- Nationally ranked part-time on-campus MBA program — U.S. News and World Report (2023)
- Featured in The Princeton Review's Best Business Schools list for top on-campus MBA programs — The Princeton Review (2022)
- Online MBA offers two concentrations: Business Analytics and Digital Marketing
- #10 best financial engineering program in the nation — TFE Times (2023)
- $85,000 average starting salary for graduates
- Developed in collaboration between the Belk College of Business and the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, the Mathematical Finance program at UNC Charlotte provides a balanced approach to broadening your understanding of financial modeling. As a student in the program, you’ll gain a solid background in finance while using your mathematical skills to identify, measure and manage risk.
- Nationally ranked among best economics program in the U.S. — TFE Times (2023)
- $84,260 average starting salary for graduates
- For more than 30 years, the Master in Science in Economics has been preparing graduates with the skills for success in various industries including finance, public policy and entrepreneurship.
- #41 best accounting program nationwide — TFE Times (2021)
- CPA pass rate exceeds the national average
- 93% employment rate within six months of graduation
- The Master of Accountancy (MACC) is a multiple concentration program designed to prepare accountants for the rapidly changing expectations of the accounting profession. Graduates are top performers on the CPA exam and are heavily recruited by area public and private accounting firms and financial institutions.
- We leverage established relationships with the Charlotte accounting community, led by an engaged advisory board of seasoned professionals, and we have an active recruiting pipeline to the Big 4, top local, regional and national accounting firms, leading corporations and financial institutions.
- Offers one of only two student-managed real estate investment funds in the U.S. to give students experience in the analysis, investment and management of private real estate securities.
- Ranked among the top 20 most active research institutions in real estate for the past decade.
- 67% of students receive scholarship funds
- Curriculum counts toward CCIM designation, puts students on a fast-track to CPM designation and replaces the pre-licensing course, allowing students to immediately sit for the Broker's License exam.
Our graduates have gone on to be underwriters, brokers, acquisition specialists and investment/financial analysts. The MSRE can be completed part time — while you continue to work — or full-time, offering students several flexible options to complete their degree.
- First DBA in the Carolinas
- Only AACSB-accredited DBA program in the Carolinas, representing the highest standard of achievement
- Ranked in the "Global DBA Listing" — CEO Magazine (2022)
- Offered in an executive format over 10 long weekends per year
- Work full-time, and obtain a doctoral degree more quickly than a Ph.D. program
- Complete the DBA in as little as three years
- Our full-time, cohort-based program is the first program of its kind in the UNC System, the only M.S. in Management program offered in Charlotte and the only program offered at a NC public university, making it much more affordable than courses taught at private universities.
Work alongside your cohort for the 10.5 months in the MSM program, developing strong bonds and sharing learning experiences throughout the lock-step curriculum that runs from July through May. And there’s no thesis or dissertation requirement!